- Hop in the Stop. Drop. Cosplay. Discord on Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 12:00pm (noon) CST.
- Join in a round of Stop. Drop. Cosplay. During each round, we’ll drop a theme a few minutes before the round start time. When the clock starts, players will have 30 minutes to put together a look that matches that theme (ex: 90’s anime aesthetic).
- Post your photo in Discord before time is up!
- After a short deliberation, one of our esteemed judges will select a winner of that round, and the winner will get an awesome prize from one of our sponsors!
Stop. Drop. Cosplay. has six rounds–five 25 minute rounds and one 15 minute lightning round–at the following times (all times are listed in Central Time).
4:20 pm (15 minute lightning round)
- All entries must be submitted through the Stop. Drop. Cosplay. Discord–no other entry methods will be accepted.
- Participants consent to use of photographs they provide in Discord for promotional use by the organizers and their designees of Stop. Drop. Cosplay. Such photographs may be used to advertise future events, prizes given, etc.
- Submitted cosplay looks should be based on the theme for that round. Each round will be hosted in a separate “room” on Discord.
- Costumes must adhere to a PG rating–no nudity, or course language. This is a family-friendly event!
- Participants under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18 in the Discord server and in any photographs taken.
- Prizes will be shipped to winners.
- Entries posted before the start time or after time expires will be disqualified.
- Pictures should be clear so the judges can easily see your work. You are not being judged on your photography skills, but rather how well your costume is composed.
- This is not a craftsmanship contest, so use of random store bought items is A-OK! Costumes can be theme inspired, character inspired or recreations of a character who matches the theme.
- Contestants do not have to re-create a specific character. Original designs are encouraged, as well as other creative interpretations of the theme.
- Costumes that depict racist, sexist, ableist, sizeist, homophobic, transphobic etc. content will be disqualified. This also applies to any costumes that depict national or international tragedies.
- Pictures should be of you in costume based on supplies you have at home, not pictures of you at other events/ older photos. Costumes should emphasize the theme, as well as the spirit of the contest: assembling a look based on the materials you have on hand.
- You are welcome to include a few words about how you put it together. Feel free to get creative.
- Pets may also model your looks!
- Feel free to post updates and tell us how it is going as you work.
- Prizes are not redeemable for other prizes. Winners will be contacted afterward to coordinate delivery. North America only.
- Participants can only win one of the standard rounds (round 1-5) but may enter the final lightning round. For example, if a participant wins round #2, they would not be eligible to win any other round except for the final lightning round (round 6). You are welcome to participate in other rounds if you would like to for fun, however!
- The judging decisions are final.